Turkey Minestrone with Lentils, Chard and Cannellini Beans with Amanda Haas
What better way to make use of that leftover roasted turkey or chicken than to make a delicious, healthy, and hearty soup.
20 MinsPrep Time
60 MinsCook Time
1. Add the Oil While Preheating the Pot
Add the oil then preheat the pot to 350°F/ 175°C (medium).
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil2 Tbsps.
2. Cook the Vegetables
Cook the vegetables for 2 minutes, just enough to start sweating.
- Yellow Onion(diced small)½ cup
- Carrot(diced small)½ cup
- Parsnips(diced small)½ cup
4. Add and Cook the Garlic
Cook the garlic for 1 minute or until it begins to brown.
- Garlic Cloves(finely chopped)1
5. Add and Cook Tomato Paste
Cook the tomatoe paste and vegetables for 2 minutes, or until the paste begins to caramelize.
6. Add and Toast the Spices
- Fennel Seeds1 tsp.
- Oregano(dried)½ tsp.
- Chili Flakes½ tsp.
7. Add the Ingredients and Bring to a Simmer
Stir in and bring the soup to a simmer.
- Chicken Stock(or turkey stock)4 cups
- San Marzano Tomatoes(crushed)14 oz
- 3 Inch Piece of Parmesan Cheese Rind½
8. Add and Cook the Lentils
Lower the temperature to 230°F/ 110°C (low), and cook the lentils for 30-35 minutes or until they are tender. Stir occassionally.
- Black Caviar Lentils½ cup
9. Add the Remaining Ingredients and Finish Cooking the Soup
Cook the soup for 10 more minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Cannelini Beans, 15 oz. Can½
- Swiss Chard(chopped)1 bunch
- Shredded Turkey or Chicken(cooked)1 cup
10. Season the Soup
- Kosher Salt¾ tsp.
- Black Pepper(freshly cracked)10 turns
11. Serve as Desired
Turn off the heat and pour some soup into each serving bowl. Finish each bowl with fresh basil and parmesan. Enjoy!
- Fresh Basil Leaves(thinly sliced)1 Tbsp.
- Parmesan(grated)as needed
Let’s Get Cooking!
Get the latest recipes, tips and tricks from the Cue test kitchen!